Foot Specialist

Foot Specialist in Wall Street, Midtown, and Harlem NYC

Foot Specialist Near Me in Wall Street, Midtown, and Harlem NYC
Foot Specialist Near Me in Wall Street, and Harlem NYC

Table of Contents:

What conditions do foot specialists treat? 
Is foot and ankle pain serious? 
What is the difference between a foot doctor and a podiatrist?
When to see a foot specialist about your foot and ankle pain?

What conditions do foot specialists treat? 

Foot specialists which are known as podiatrists are able to hold anyone that is dealing with a related injury or condition which may include:

⦁ Sprains
Athlete’s foot
⦁ Nail disorders
⦁ Arthritis
⦁ Diabetes
⦁ Heel pain
⦁ Growing pains
Morton’s neuroma

Foot specialists are known to treat injuries that often occur to the foot and ankle, this also includes broken bones or sprains. Foot specialists also deal with many issues that occur to the joints and bones within the feet. A common issue we notice is bunions, which occur when the joint that is located at the base of the big toe or the smallest toe becomes displaced and grows. Another common disorder is nail disorders including ingrown toenails or fungus infections, many patients will book an appointment with a podiatrist to help correct and treat these common issues.

Diabetes is another common issue that affects the lower limbs of the body. It can often cause a lot of damage to the nurses in the feet and the legs, giving patients a lot of trouble getting enough blood to those areas. If you are dealing with any of these issues or know of someone dealing with any of these issues, you can recommend a visit to our experienced podiatrist today.

Is foot and ankle pain serious? 

Most often than not, many foot and ankle pain is often short-term or caused by a soft tissue injury. These pains can gradually heal over time with care, rest, and ice.

If your foot and ankle pain is not going away or becomes worse over a short period of time, this could be something serious like a broken bone, nerve damage, or worse. If your self-care treatments at home or not helping with the pain, it’s highly recommended to make an appointment with the podiatrist, so your symptoms can be reviewed and diagnosed.

What is the difference between a foot doctor and a podiatrist?

Technically, a foot doctor and a podiatrist are the same thing. Depending what the physician decides to call themselves, will depend on the marketing aspect the company is trying to reach.

However, within the United States, the term podiatrist and foot doctor are often used interchangeably, in other countries different terms may be used, but if you’re looking for a foot doctor in the United States either term will work.

When to see a foot specialist about your foot and ankle pain? 

We have a lot of foot and ankle issues that come into our clinic at New York Foot Experts. Many of the patients we have come in have serious issues that need a podiatrist to help examine, diagnose, and treat. If you’re dealing with any lower limb pains, an unexpected injury, or other feet or ankle-related issues, it’s highly recommended to visit a podiatrist. You should definitely see a foot specialist about your foot and ankle issues if you’re experiencing the following:

⦁ Start to feel pain in either foot or ankle for most of the day
⦁ The pain you are feeling is not going away
⦁ You start to notice more swelling or the swelling does not go away
⦁ Start to feel the sensation of tingling, burning, or numbness within the lower limbs

If you do start to experience any tingling, burning, or numbness in the lower limbs, it may be due to a recent injury to the nerves in your feet. If you have injured the nerves within your feet, it is known as a condition called peripheral neuropathy, you may begin to feel the pins and needles effect as well; a visit to the podiatrist can help diagnose the condition and provide treatment to help.

Contact New York Foot Experts for your foot and ankle issues. For more information call us today or book an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you. We serve patients from Wall Street Financial District NY, Harlem NY, Midtown NY, Lower Manhattan NY, Brooklyn NY, and Yorkville NY.

Locations for New York Foot Experts

Harlem, NYC

  • 470 Malcolm X Blvd Suite 1P, New York, NY 10037
  • View Details

Wall Street, NYC

Midtown, NYC


Directions to Nearest Location